Gentlemen,
I am running the big brother of this card named SMC-1500 including a
small piggy back board with some intelligence on it. As the name
implies, it's capable of 1500 mA at 26 volts and this was always
sufficient to drive my small milling machine making gear wheels.
Furthermore, it can very well move all three axes at a time
simultaneously. The manufacturer supplies drivers in C and Pascal that
can be fitted in user programs, and a demo program which has been good
enough to meet all my needs so far. I have fed it with home made PCB
drilling files from EAGLE, tuned up with MS Excel to minimize idle ways.
The drivers can drive any ramps up and down and interpolate 3-axis
trajectories. Also, the board accepts step and direction pulses when I
run it with EMC2. (So far, I only tried with stepgen test mode). I never
bothered with current adjustments as I am using the maximum I can get
all the time anyway.

The only problem is that speed is very limited to about 3.5 kHz max.
which keeps the machine slow. So, after about 15 years of service, I am
looking for a more modern board with a little more power (esp. in
voltage). Thanks for the hints.

Peter Blodow