Not sure about the tablet side of the equation -- but if you want to give
exploded diagrams, you might consider 3D PDFs which can be opened by Adobe
Reader.

My version of Alibre Design Professional, for example, supports exploded
diagrams.   I think the licensing may have changed around, so I'm not sure
if you now need the Expert edition or not.  It might be worth checking your
CAD software to see what 3D pdf support you have.