On Sunday 23 September 2012 23:33:37 Jeshua Lacock did opine:

> Greetings,
>
> This web page describes the process I used going from OpenSCAD to casted
> aluminum parts in a day:
>
> http://3dtopo.com/lostPLA/
>
> The casted parts are ultimately going to be controlled by LinuxCNC.

Sweet Jeshua, even if the movies didn't play on FF.  What format were they?

But thats an odd bucket for handling the hot alu.  What I've used for
casting iron was an equally long handled, fireclay covered bucket that we
tipped over sideways to pour the iron out by rolling the loop on the other
end of the handle to control the pour.  In a half knealing position with
the left knee sticking out to hold the weight in the middle of the handle.
The bucket held about 80 lbs of iron & weighed about 30 lbs empty.  I spent
a summer in '60 doing that, and my back reminds me of how dumb that was
24/7/365 since.

> Cheers,
>
> Jeshua Lacock
> Founder/Engineer
> 3DTOPO Incorporated
> <http://3DTOPO.com>
> Phone: 208.462.4171

Cheers, Gene
The chicken that clucks the loudest is the one most likely to show up
at the steam fitters' picnic.