On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Marcus Bowman
<marcus.thebowm...@virgin.net> wrote:
> Richard,
> Interesting device, but...
> To avoid errors, I would have thought you need to eyeball the centre dot
> directly, from above, otherwise the axis of eyeball and dot is at an angle
> and will only be coincident with the spindle axis at one point along that
> axis.

I think you're supposed to lower that device onto the the part you're
dialing in---the mark on the front, diagonally cut off surface of the
plastic rod is on the axis of the whole thing, and when that surface
is in contact with your part there is no parallax.