On 25 October 2012 23:43, Gandjpappy <gandjpa...@aol.com> wrote:

> My question is on the Mesa boards.

Don't forget to look at the Pico solutions too.
http://www.pico-systems.com/motion.html

> My mill uses servos so it looks like a  5i25 and 7i77 would work but I read
> where someone was using a 5i20. Will they both do the job and if so what
> would be the advantage of one or the other?

The 5i20 / 5i21 / 5i23 boards have more pins, so you can connect more
daughter boards. They cost a bit more, and tend to be not as easy to
wire.
It's much easier to switch between firmwares and configs with those
boards, as the firmware is reloaded every time LinuxCNC starts up.

I think there are some firmwares that can't run on the *i25 boards.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.