another way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0SX52R-MvY

I have tried hydraulic chucks end mill holders. We have a few in the unused
tool holder pile. End mills pulled out of them during the cut. The finish
was not as good as a regular end mill holder.

I have not tried shrink fit.

I have not tried the tribos in the video. I almost tried it. The entry fee
is high. The tool changer station is expensive. I haven't looked at this
for a few years. None of the dealers would allow me to 'test' cut with a
few holders.

The best I have seen is as follows. This is not high revolution technology
but can be very high material removal rate.

End mill adapter with the set screw angled at 5 degrees. The 5 degrees is
angled to push the end mill deeper into the adapter.
The adapter has an adjustable stop to restrain the end mill from pushing
farther into the adapter.
The tool is then ground with end mill adapter and end mill assembled.
We don't do it this way. The two largest private shops in the Wichita area
used to do it this way until the owners sold the businesses. I don't know
how the shops do it now. They were purchased by large corporations and I
lost access to the shops.

YMMV

--
dos centavos