> Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:48:25 -0500
> From: smdubov...@gmail.com
> To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Emc-users] PNCConf + 5i25 + 7i76 configuration failure
>
> Hello all, we get a Gerber Dimension 200 Gantry router converted today w/
> the help of my dad and brother.  This is the first time I've used a 7i76
> and it seems to be generating a bad ini/hal file?  We installed a clean
> 2.5.1 and get the following error when trying to start LinuxCNC.  PNCConf
> can jog the axis back and forth in its built in test so the hardware seems
> to work.  I can't make sense of the errors.  There are no MOT, IO, etc
> sections in the ini file.  Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
> Stephen
>
> Print file information:
> RUN_IN_PLACE=no
> LINUXCNC_DIR=
> LINUXCNC_BIN_DIR=/usr/bin
> LINUXCNC_TCL_DIR=/usr/lib/tcltk/linuxcnc
> LINUXCNC_SCRIPT_DIR=
> LINUXCNC_RTLIB_DIR=/usr/realtime-2.6.32-122-rtai/modules/linuxcnc
> LINUXCNC_CONFIG_DIR=
> LINUXCNC_LANG_DIR=/usr/share/linuxcnc/tcl/msgs
> INIVAR=inivar
> HALCMD=halcmd
> LINUXCNC_EMCSH=/usr/bin/wish8.5
> LINUXCNC - 2.5.1
> Machine configuration directory is '/home/jdubovsky/linuxcnc/configs/Gerber'
> Machine configuration file is 'Gerber.ini'
> INIFILE=/home/jdubovsky/linuxcnc/configs/Gerber/Gerber.ini
> PARAMETER_FILE=linuxcnc.var
> TASK=milltask
> HALUI=halui
> DISPLAY=axis
> Starting LinuxCNC...
> Starting LinuxCNC server program: linuxcncsvr
> Starting LinuxCNC IO program: io
> Starting HAL User Interface program: halui
> Starting TASK program: milltask
> Starting DISPLAY program: axis
> USRMOT: ERROR: command timeout
> USRMOT: ERROR: command timeout
> USRMOT: ERROR: command timeout
> USRMOT: ERROR: command timeout
> waiting for s.axes
> waiting for s.axes
> waiting for s.axes

Hi Stephen

I see you selected 7i76x1 for firmware.
This is a trick firmware name I set up that i think has back fired.

Please try this experiment.
select 7i76x2, you may need to select the axis again.

If it works there problem is Pncconf forgot to turn the sserial ports on
that the 7i76 needs.

Chris M