On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Claude Froidevaux <men...@bluewin.ch> wrote:
> It was kind of a moan yes... I had it really long time, I was sure it
> was the transformer that vibrate... but in fact it was simply the
> transformer fixation that was loose (connected to another metallic
> plate, saturation of transformer make it vibrating)

Well, I tore into it yesterday.  Once the covers were off, the sound
was very quiet though it was still there.  Seems the metal covers are
acting like an amplifier.  Everything was bolted down good and solid
though, and the filter cap off the transformer checked good for both
ESR and capacity.

Looks like I need some way to deaden the chamber effect of the metal
covers to keep them from amplifying the sound.  If I hold my hands on
the covers, the sound becomes almost non-existent.

Mark