On 12/12/2012 12:42 AM, MC Cason wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 01:01 PM, Kent A. Reed wrote:

>>> Find a place that does granite counter tops and see if they have drop
>>> out from sink cutout or a left over remnant that is big enough for your use.
>>>
>>> Ed.
>>>

>> Clever. I like the re-use of material that is so commonly available. I
>> kept the cutout from our fake marble sink to use as a poor-man's surface
>> table.
>>
>> In the meantime, Richard, have you tried adding mass to your current
>> table using sandbags (I love ziplock bags for this kind of work!) just
>> to see what happens? Have you tried to stiffen the legs and the
>> table-to-leg joints?
>>
>> Perhaps I should back up and ask, when you say "it dances around" do you
>> mean the whole table or just the superstructure that supports the router
>> (or whatever), or something else?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kent
>>
>     If the idea isn't too morbid, you can always try a headstone company,
> and see if the have any damaged stones.  I saw a walk path, and steps,
> made out of a few.

In my years of collecting I ran across two blank, unetched, uncarved
grave headstones at an amusement park that was being auctioned off..   I
got them as part of a bundle deal.  I have no idea why the amusement
park had them.
They are very nice chunks of granite with a nice flat shiny top.   This
last summer I had to dig up a yard water hydrant that was about 4  feet
in the ground.  It took a while and the hole ended up being about 6-7
feet long and about 3 feet wide.
I made the repair and filled the hole back in.  My daughter saw the dirt
all piled up on top of the ground and said it looked like a grave.  I
agreed and told her that I should drag out one of the headstones from
behind the fence and put it on top of the dirt pile just to mess with
our neighbor.  My daughter had forgotten about the headstones and was
aghast.  She could not believe that I would have such a thing at our
house and told me that I had to get rid of them.   I still have them...
as you never know when you might need a headstone.  ;-)
After some thought, I decided against putting the headstone on top of
the dirt pile as I really didn't want to have to explain my joke to the
Sheriff.

Dave