2012/12/13 jean-paul coninx <jp....@hotmail.com>:

> Dear emc users,
>
> I am an owner from a maho mhc 700c with a heidenhain tnc 135 controller. The
> controller doesn t work any more.
> I have read something about retrofitting. The most people use the Mesa cards
> in combination with Linuxcnc. For already a few years (no time like everyone)
> I a bought a Heidenhain EXE 935 convertor ( 3 axis from sinus wave to ttl
> signal) . The moment I bought these EXE 935 the Mesa 7i49 didnt exist . In my
> opinion I have two options :
>

> Mesa 5i20 + Exe 935 + 7i33 and 2 x 7i37TA
> Mesa 5i20 + 7i49 + 2 x 737TA
>
> Which are the advantages or disadvantages to use the EXE 935 ?? I prefer
> without (the more I use the more can stop working)

Are You sure that linear scales have analog output?
I was offered to do a retrofit of Maho MH400P mill, so few months ago
I spent few hours going through a thick file of documentation and I
remember that I saw something about quadrature TTL signal. I did not
pay that much attention to it, because I was looking for instructions
how to remove the cover from hydraulic pump. It needs to be fixed and
that is a prerequisite for me to get that job.

Is there any chance that You have some useful information about
servicing hydraulic pump of Your mill? I suspect that they might be
pretty similar.

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.