On 12/13/12 12:29 , Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> 2012/12/13 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>:
>> http://git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a=tree;f=src/po;h=b8792851093add9da9cdae22f094c4875514efb0;hb=HEAD
> Thanks for the link, now I understand, what it takes to add another
> language to LinuxCNC.
> Just that there are almost 14K lines in russian translation file,
> almost 16K lines in polish translation. Does not seem like a job for a
> weekend to translate all those phrases in there, especially all the
> error messages.

Translating LinuxCNC is definitely not a weekend project.  It's an
ongoing effort to keep the translation up-to-date, LinuxCNC is a moving
target as the user-visible messages and the English documentation changes.

Of our four official translations, only French is maintained at all, and
only because Francis Tisserant works hard to keep it so.  Thanks tissf!

The other translations (German, Polish, and Spanish) are all horribly
out of date.  :-(

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky