2012/12/14 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>

> On 13 December 2012 22:56, Andrew <parallel.kinemat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I had to cut the timing pulley on the hollow shaft, and consider many
> other
> > limitations to keep it small as a part of a joint.
>
> That would probably help in my case too, but how did you get the
> correct tooth profile?
> ( want a 4:1 ratio too, 15 m/min is rather more than I would need)
>
> The belt profile is rather simple HTD 5M. It was cut with nearly round
shaped fly cutter, then some fillets made on sharp edges of teeth.
For 4:1 I'd better put larger timing pulley with taper bush on that hollow
shaft, just next to the nuts.
Also I'd turn the motor tail to the left, and make the hollow shaft a bit
shorter if needed.
Section view to make the design clear
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7208/screenshot20121214c.png

Andrew