On Tuesday 09 April 2013 07:52:47 Gene Heskett did opine:

> On Monday 08 April 2013 21:06:07 Kent A. Reed did opine:
> > On 4/8/2013 7:28 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > In the meantime, the latest, should work exactly code (and does on a
> > > 2.5.2 install in sim mode) is in the
> > > Genes-os9-stf/Gcode/cocking_piece_base.ngc of my web page in the
> > > sig.
> > >
> > >  2 or 5 not exactly right calculations fixed, more debugging & some
> > >
> > > code shuffled around a bit.
> >
> > So I downloaded your g-code and LinuxCNC immediately barfed on
> > it...seems you didn't debug your debugging lines... named parameter
> > #<_tgt_width> is not defined.
> >
> > Post code that works in your 2.5.2 interpreter and I'll look at it
> > again.
>
> Your are correct, that should have been #<_y_tgt_width>, I found 3
> places where the _y was missing.  And this code worked for 2.5.2 in sim
> mode.
>
> Now, lets see if it still works.  Yes, no change in the backplot, it
> looks as it it is still working correctly.  41 minutes run time when
> feed override is 100%.
>
> Updated file is there in Genes-os9-stf/GCode/cocking_piece_base.ngc now.
>
> Thank you, Kent.
>
> Cheers, Gene

Further update. Since I don't have anything tied to the parport on this
box, I loaded up the Sherline 3 axis profile in place of the sim/axis
version but didn't change anything in that configuration.

Then I tried to load my code again, and the file was mix-mastered, names
changed in lots of locations leading to errors.  Determined to fix it, I
also re-organized it a bit and shortened it by a few lines. Then I copied
it to both the shop machine, and to the Genes-os9-stf/GCode directory where
it can be downloaded from now.  Lots of (debug, noise) though.

As me, I can't access the file you can download, but just to check, I then
loaded the copy off the mill, over an nfs share, and it ran here, on a
2.5.2 install.

So after catching up on my sleep, since all the above was in the wee hours
of the morning, I just went to the shop, AND it loads without any squabbles
on the 2.6.0-pre on that machine now.

I'd torn down the setup on the table in order to mount a jig to bore
crossways holes in some leather strapping for the lady next door, who is
and is married to a cherokee, and who is making some fancy pow-wow costume
pieces.  About a 15" piece of 3/8" wide strap, 26 holes at 1/2" intervals.
And that is the limit of my table, I have to mount the jig very carefully
to span that 12.75" in one step & repeat pass.  Each of the breastplates
takes 5 of those.

Anyway, it looks like it will run on the 2.6.0-pre just fine now.

WHOPPEE KI YI YEA!  Over a week I been screwing with this.

But I am puzzled at the damages that file had when I reloaded it after
It certainly was NOT the code I had done a ctrl-s and ctrl-q to quit gedit
4 hours before!

Cheers, Gene
My views
Every word is like an unnecessary stain on silence and nothingness.
                -- Beckett
dangerous than a gun in the hands of 200 million
          law-abiding citizens.