That seems extremely slow. I can't see a mention of what the plastic you're
cutting is but for Corian or acrylic with a 60 degree v-bit I tend to run at
around 1800 mm/min, 3mm DOC, 16k to 20k on the spindle - I adjust that by
ear.

I would run faster - but my router caps out at 2000 mm/min.

At 15 IPM I'd be concerned about rubbing at anything over ~4000 rpm.

YMMV
Ben