On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Michael Haberler <mai...@mah.priv.at>wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Am 25.04.2013 um 01:11 schrieb Kenneth Lerman <kenneth.ler...@se-ltd.com>:
>
> I'm only addressing this question here:
>

> Just noting that the work on RTAPI/HAL has brought with it two
> capabilities which relate to the theme; most of this has been discussed and
> done off-list, but since the them comes up I respond to it even if it isnt
> completely done yet:
>
> first, RTAPI is now multi-instance capable (several RTAPI instances on
> _one_ machine); instances being identified by an integer id (NB this doesnt
> make NML multi-instance but I hope NML will be history this year in this
> branch so I dont bother anymore)

Michael,

Just being curious, how does the multi-instance RTAI keep from banging
heads with each other?  Lets say we have two instances of RTAI running, how
does RTAI keep itself from requiring the same resource as another RTAI
instance at the same time, and still maintain the real-time domain of
having the resource "NOW", when it's needed?

Mark