On 07/27/2013 06:26 PM, Gregg Eshelman wrote:
>   On 2013/07/27 04:52 PM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
>
>   > I just added some information to my Shizuoka page
>   covering the last work
>   > I did on the tool changer. It is in the last third of
>   the page:
>   > http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/
>   >
>   > The work is not complete.
>
> It stores the tools upside down then flips them upright? No chance of the
> tools falling off the chain...
... snip

The tools do rock a bit but it's very unlikely they could fall out once
they are in the pocket. The pocket needs to be aligned with the arm's
gripper within maybe +/- .030" or else the tool holder will bind on the
way in or out of the pocket. The chain could have forks instead of
pockets and hold CAT tool holders. Then the tools would not need to be
flipped, but the arm would need to be more complex. The current arm has
gearing that rotates the wrist and cam slots for Z movement as the arm
sweeps to or from the spindle and tool box. Gearing also operates the
tool box door.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/