On Mon, 8/19/13, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Emc-users] What do I need to interface with this stepper driver?
 To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Date: Monday, August 19, 2013, 5:50 PM

 On 20 August 2013 00:41, Gregg
 Eshelman <g_ala...@yahoo.com>
 wrote:

 > What I find for these say pulse type or pulse train.
 > http://db.sanyodenki.co.jp/downfile/manuals_en/SANMOTION/M0008554.pdf
 > The file http://www.sanyo-denki.com/Data/Servo/manuals/M0008544.pdf
 appears to be identical, same drive model number on the first page.

 It says that they take step/dir or clockwise/anticlockwise pulses.
 LinuxCNC can cheerfully supply both styles.

Soooo, what's some hardware that will do the job? I'll also need inputs for 2
limit switches and e-stop plus outputs to control the lube pump and spindle
on/off and possibly forward/reverse. That's what functions the old system had.

Since I have five of the drives ("have" as in they should be on their way to me
today), having the ability control them all would be nice, though to start with
I'll stick to the basic XYZ axes.