On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:24 AM, <emc-users-requ...@lists.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> Are you switching to "World" mode?
>
> When you first start a non-trivial kins you are in "Joint mode". With
> the Axis GUI that shows the joints as numbers, and each motor jogs
> individually.
>
> When you switch to "World" mode the axes become XYZ etc. You can do
> this from the menu, or by using the $ shortcut.
>
> If you are already doing this, then perhaps try "lsmod | grep kins" at
> the command line to see if the system really has loaded
> lineardeltakins, rather than trivkins.

I tried to switch to World mode and it gives me an error saying all joints
must be hommed before going into teleop mode.

I then hommed all axis and 0, 1 & 2 all went to 0 on the MDI with a * next
to them all. It still said the same error message when I tried again. It
seems like it wants axis(joint) 3 to be hommed also since that one still
shows -0.00 with no * next to it.  That is the extruder and there is no
home for this axis. How can I get around this? I have the search_vel and
latch_vel lines for all 3 axis's #out (commented) so technically no home or
limits on machine. Axis 3 doesn't have this either.

I also tried the "lsmod | grep kins" line at prompt and it just returns
back to the command prompt without doing anything or showing anything ??
Did I type it wrong?

It won't let me do any MDI commands either while not hommed..

Ideas??

Bob