There are so many parameters (instead of 1 actually needed IMO):
current-minlim, maxlim
current-scalemax
nvmaxcurrent

Maybe current-scalemax should be equal to 1?

By the way, neither driver nor motor did not heat as it would at such
currents as I think..

I don't have such ammeter now, but I will try to get one.