On 7 October 2013 13:57, Jeff Epler <jep...@unpythonic.net> wrote:
> One problem with your suggestion (aside from needing somebody to implement it)
> is that using e.g., the left arrow key selects the X axis for jogging.

That is actually a feature I have found more of a curse than a
blessing, actually.
This is partly due to a limitation on my mill/lathe machine keyboard.
It has no page-up or page-down keys, so I press Z then + or - to jog
the milling head, and arrow keys to move X and Y. But then I need to
re-select Z after jogging in XY as my deliberate selection is
over-ridden.

As you hint, this is rapidly moving towards the "too much trouble to
even work out how it ought to work" pile.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.