>>> If you want a menu, then you can write a script as a wrapper.
>>> Gcmc is a command-line program and works in the tradition of all/most
>>> unix style commands.
>> That's fine. What I'm concerned about is users that need to run
>> repetitive tasks but don't understand CLI at all.

>Well, when the time is ripe, then someone will write an IDE or integrate
>it into an existing IDE.

FWIW, under Win7, I was easily able to "wrap" an existing IDE around gcmc.
For
my work, I use the Keil uVision IDE for 8051 based development. This IDE has
the
capability to run a command line MS DOS batch file after the build.

So I created a new project with only one source file: main.c. This file was
an empty file:

main(void)
{
}

Now when I do a build, the batch file runs the gcmc command line, and it
produces
my gcode file. I also was able to add this gcode output file to the IDE
project,
setting it up to *not* be included in the build. This way I can view the
output
file directly in the IDE. This all makes for a very efficient
"edit-build-verify" cycle.
As a bonus, I can now edit my gcmc source file in a color-context editor :)

I know other IDE's out there have the same capability. Look for options such
as "Post Build Processing", and such.

Tony