Ok - can anyone remind me *why* the Printrboard is not a good thing to
interface with LinuxCNC?

Background - I have a Printrbot Simple kit that I'm taking away on an
Internet-free weekend, to install. So, I have been installing the software
for slicing and dicing, and for controlling this board.

I'd like to run this from LinuxCNC, but, google has not been my friend
tonight, other than to find "hal2arduino" which is commented as being "very
slow for driving steppers".

Why is that? 25,000 baud to this board, and it runs (from youtube) just
fine with the Printrbot Simple. What am I missing??

(Look, it's inexpensive hardware, and, if we can connect LinuxCNC up with
just a USB cable, why not?)

Comments, web links, slap across the back of the head, etc, more than
welcome.

John.