On 02/28/2014 04:10 PM, Steve Blackmore wrote:
... snip
> There is virtually no limits to program lengths since tape died so
> writing subs isn't necessary to save space and serves no other purpose
> other than living in the 80's (or earlier :)
>

> Steve Blackmore

I tend to agree. I have the loops in the g-code generator and
automatically get ... (see below)

Using Python it could be similar effort to write a generator routine as
to write the g-code subs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
G7 (Dia. Mode)
G18 (XZ Plane)
G90 (Absolute Distance Mode)
G40 (Turn Cutter Compensation Off)
G20 (units in inches)
G54 (Work Offset)

G30 Z #5422 (Park Tool)
T 0303

(Set Roughing Parameters)

(Number of roughing passes = 4)
(Adjusted roughing DoC = 0.0468)
(CSS, Spindle - feet/minute, Maximum RPM)
G96 S 30 D 2500
(Feed Rate - inches/revolution)
G95 F 0.5000 (Units per Revolution Mode)

M8 (Coolant ON)
M3 (Spindle ON, Forward)

G0 X -2.1000
G0 Z 0.0500