On Friday 14 March 2014 23:53:24 Peter Homann did opine:

> Hi Gene,
>
> Have a look at the DC-03 Digispeed that I design and sell. It converts a
> PWM signal into an isolated control voltage, and has quite small form
> factor.
>
> http://www.homanndesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPat
> h=1&products_id=21

3 concerns with the -03 Peter (besides the ripoff when converting AUD to
USD, usually resulting in at least an $80 charge).

1. I read it that it has a builtin charge pump to make the 15 volt isolated
supply from the 5 volt input, and that the 5 volt supply isn't isolated,
only the 15 volt and associated circuitry.  Correct?

2. In that case, how much power does it need from the 5 volt line when that
15 volt generating charge pump is running?

I can get 5 volts from the C1G breakout but that is fed from a lm317 bolted
to the box the drivers & motor supplies are in.  A relatively massive heat
sink, but gets up to about 115-120F on a warm day.  If your 5 volts needs
250 mills because its also running the relay coils, that will probably mean
another LM317 will need to be provided.

3. One last Q since the drawings in the pdf do not say, nor does the text.

That is, does the run-stop relay effectively operate by presence or absence
of the PWM signal?  How much lag in that event?

Thanks Peter.

Basically trying to figure how best to make it a drop in for the C41, but
one that works a heck of a lot better.

Cheers, Gene