On 15/04/14 10:59, Viesturs Lācis wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was thinking about a plasma source like this:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/251355364995
>
> It is supplied with a torch that is meant for manual operation - the
> problem is that it is angled, not straight, which makes it not only more
> difficult to mount, but also takes up more space and also does not look
> that nice.
>
> I found a torch, whose description says that it is suitable for the
> previously mentioned plasma source:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/151167833644
>
> The second picture of that listing seems somewhat suspicious - I do not
> see, where the power cable lead should be connected. There is one small
> connector visible, but that certainly is not capable of 100A current.
>
> I would appreciate any advices or links, how other plasma users have solved
> this issue.
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Viesturs

Yes i'd agree it does look not capable of 100A , however they do work
quite well , Although i'd realy rate them
at about 60A Max , i have 2 running at 45A and they work fine

i have been tempted just to tear the case off and make my own to suit
the z Axis and make it more integral to the machine
but not got around to it as yet .

i'd class these as a Hobbist level , rather than a proffesional torch
capable of many hours

Dave