On 20 April 2014 17:28, Pete Matos <petefro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I know the Haas has the diameter column as well as wear column for the
> TLO.   I am quite surprised that LinuxCNC does not have these most simple
> items let alone radius and shape comp.

The CNC controller doesn't know enough about the material shape to be
able to do anything sensible with (for example) ball-nose radius.
Which isn't to say that the information couldn't live in the tool table.

The current tool-table has a fixed size. It can currently handle 56
tools. If you added nose radius for milling tools then it would hold
50 tools (at a guess).

I did start on making the tool table a lot cleverer. It would be a
database (which means that you can actually add any data fields you
like for your own purposes, LinuxCNC will just ignore things it
doesn't know how to use)

I eventually ended up with a scheme where all the machines in a
factory could share a tool database, and each machine would know what
tools were available to it. I think that is the way to go. I kind-of
stalled with waiting to see what happened to NML. There was a preview
branch that I made, but there was no apparent interest in it.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.