> Does anybody else have camview-emc running
> on a 10.04 kernel?

Yes, I think that is the way I have a camera picture in another tab in Axis.
Sorry, I do not remember, how exactly did I set it up, but since I am not
really the guy to write the code and build from source, I think I simply
followed the instructions.
The part of "how to get it" mentions Lucid, even more, it says that plugin
for DRO  etc is not available for Hardy, so Lucid seems like a better
choice:
http://psha.org.ru/b/camview-emc.html

Viesturs