On Sunday 15 June 2014 16:29:46 Bruce Layne did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 06/15/2014 03:57 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I'll ask Jim if he ever bought any stranded cat5 or cat6
> > the next time I stop by.  I don't think it existed 13 years ago when
> > I was last in the middle of it.  Which could explain why I haven't
> > heard of it now.
>
> As previously mentioned, there are ethernet patch cables that are made
> of stranded cable to be flexible, and there are others that are made of
> high flex cable rated for continuous flexing.  Mesa Electronics uses
> ethernet cables for remote serial I/O.  I bought a long piece of the
> high flex ethernet cable on eBay and ran it through some cable chain on
> the giant gantry router LinuxCNC retrofit.  That's an easy and
> convenient way to communicate to a big block of external I/O.  Kudos to
> Peter for that  cleverness.

Yup. good idea.  I looked around for some mini cable chain, something I
could hide inside the tables screw channels, but the smallest I could find
was still about 2x what it would take.  I'll probably wind up fixing it to
the ends of the tables & just let it swing on its way up the post, and
thence to the electronics on a shelf in the "attic".  Motor cables have
been hanging down from there for several years & they don't seem to have
minded.

Thanks Bruce.