Agreed...Freecad is pretty good and getting better with each update.  I
have been using it for 3d rendering for a little while now. When I first
started using it it was crash city but now it hardly ever crashes and the
more I understand how it works the better it seems to work for me in that
department. It is also free and open source and can run using Python code
if you are good with that stuff. I am not... Peace

Pete