On 08/24/2014 10:25 AM, Andrew wrote:

>> As I've got a lathe awaking to be controlled by linuxcnc I'me thinking
>> about
>> using a second 7i76 for the lathe connected to the same 5i25 but operated
>> by
>> another linuxcnc instance. Is this possible?
>>
> It's possible. But you can't run both machines at the same time.

Andrew is right.

You can only run one instance of linuxcnc at a time (per computer).

You can have two (or more) different CNC machines connected to different
7i67 pins (or other kinds of I/O), with different linuxcnc .ini files
for each CNC machine.  But you can still only run one at a time.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky