I just started playing with dxf2gcode.  It is a 2.5D solution that takes
in dxf files.  It allows you to turn on cutter comp and change the
profiles cut direction.

https://code.google.com/p/dxf2gcode/

Only played with it lightly but is seems pretty powerful.

http://electronicsam.com/images/KandT/testing/Screenshot%20from%202014-10-20%2023:05:22.png
http://electronicsam.com/images/KandT/testing/Screenshot%20from%202014-10-20%2023:08:50.png
(2 paths - one run with 0 dia (red) cutter comp and one with .125 dia.)

sam