On 10/20/2014 02:47 PM, andy pugh wrote:
In the end, I deicded to do it like this:
http://youtu.be/86MN3CN7Aiw

The attached is my next guess on how to machine the clutch with a horizontal mill. The rotary axis would need to be geared with the canted Y axis. Complex axes gearing has been done "back in the day", which is much easier now. This set up would be how Helical couplers are slotted: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coupling#Beam

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/