Arh ok Andy thought you may have a 5i20 ( dont know what made me think you
had ) sorry

i'm trying to be able to configure for 2 pwmgen scales and switch a relay
operated gearbox only 1 speed change
i'm using mylinuxcnc.hal .. and following or trying to the comments you
made here
http://www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum/39-pncconf/28432-lathe-spindle-control-help-needed-in-pncconf?start=20

iv'e made some changes so here's the hal file , just see if it makes sense
for the scaling and spindle or if you can follow it

updated hal file in the next post Andy , need to swap pc's