>>I wonder how long it takes to pay back the $75
difference at 9 watts?

9 watts x 2000 hrs per year = 18KWHR/yr     @ $0.10 per KWHR that would
be $1.80 per year so a payback of  $75/$1.8 = $41.6 years

So payback will occur during my next life.  ;-)
This the same reason why buying 50 year life shingles for my house is a
total waste of money.

I have CFLs in track light cans in my office and they are ok but Costco
has started selling LED flood lamps that are about 4x as efficient as
CFLs with some crazy long lifetime numbers (20,000 hours?) so I have
started buying those instead.  I think they are less than $10 each in a
two pack.  I have had two installed for about 3 months now and I am
going to replace the CFLs as they fail (I have about a dozen in my office.)

So far so good.

Dave

On 11/8/2014 7:46 AM, John Thornton wrote:
> I find it hard to beat T8 fluorescent bulbs at $2.50 each by the 10 pack
> with brighter color of 6500K and the same lumens of 2300... the only
> savings is 9 watts. I wonder how long it takes to pay back the $75
> difference at 9 watts?
>
> JT
>
> On 11/8/2014 6:30 AM, Ron Ginger wrote:
>> I just bought 2 of these to try. I like the light output- it is hard to
>> tell they are not florescent. However the ebay link is more than double
>> the price I paid- mine were less than $20 each from 1000bulbs.com and
>> they had some warm white for about $12.
>>
>> I do not use a dimmer, so have no idea how they work. These lights do
>> have a noticeable turn on time, maybe a second or two.
>>
>> I like the energy saving part, so I will likely replace more in my shop
>> as the old ones die.
>>
>> ron ginger

---
is active.