On 11/18/14 10:02 AM, kqt4a...@gmail.com wrote:
> I originally allowed the Radeon driver to load but switched to vesa which
> is what I use on 10.04. Thanks for the try.

When you switch to a new version of the RTAI kernel you should re-run
the latency test.  The new kernel usually works better (ie, has lower
latency) than the old kernel, but it may unfortunately work worse on
some hardware.

If your base period is too fast for the new version of RTAI on your
hardware, you may experience the kind of lockup that you describe.  In
this situation you'll have to increase your base period or revert to the
older kernel.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky