On Monday 22 December 2014 08:57:19 Alexander Rössler did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Is there a way to store HAL pin values persistently across LinuxCNC
> sessions?
>
> Regards
> Alexander

I haven't tested to see if it still works, but 3 or 4 years ago I noted
that my variables were still set from a previous run, and even survived a
reboot!, and were also available after a different gcode file had been
loaded and executed.

But I have not recently confirmed that is still the case as I've changed
my coding style to always initialize a var at declaration time in the top
lines of my gcode just to stop such surprises.  That is good practice in
any event.

I detected that originally while running 2.2 IIRC.