On 12/23/2014 08:39 AM, Alexander Rössler wrote:
> On Monday 22 December 2014 11:05:38 Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Monday 22 December 2014 08:57:19 Alexander Rössler did opine
>>
>> And Gene did reply:
>>> Is there a way to store HAL pin values persistently across LinuxCNC
>>> sessions?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Alexander
>>
>> I haven't tested to see if it still works, but 3 or 4 years ago I noted
>> that my variables were still set from a previous run, and even survived a
>> reboot!, and were also available after a different gcode file had been
>> loaded and executed.
> I think this applies for the protected system variables. Can you remember
> what
> variables you used?

Many G-code parameters are saved, see here:

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/overview.html#sec:parameters

That does not help at all with HAL pins, though.

If you're making a userspace component (as opposed to a realtime
component), you can just use fopen/fwrite/fclose to persist the values
when they change, and fopen/fread/fclose at startup to restore them.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky