On 12/24/2014 04:53 PM, Gregg Eshelman wrote:
> On 12/24/2014 11:42 AM, Robert Ash wrote:
>> I have a good relationship with a salvage man here and would like
>> to see an image of this motor. I may have missed it if posted
>> before.  If I can recognize it I can pull one for my own education.
>> I get treadmill motors with drives as well as other drive train
>> parts from him very reasonably.

Here is my version:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/wash_motor/wash_motor_side.jpg
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/wash_motor/wash_motor_plate.jpg

> My brain is still going *doink* over the concept of a 17,000 RPM
> motor in a washing machine. The motor and gearbox would need to have
> some major acoustic engineering to not drive all the cats and dogs
> crazy.

I assume there is a long belt that goes all the way around the drum for
a washer or dryer and there is no gearbox. My motor ran very quietly on
the bench. I have cut the arms off and turned the stubs down to the
motor's OD, so it looks like a proper motor now. I just need to figure
out what to use it on.

Andy's version is here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/108164504656404380542?pid=5832689638364145858&oid=108164504656404380542

https://plus.google.com/photos/108164504656404380542/albums/5747722155741347649/6047572913175439346?pid=6047572913175439346&oid=108164504656404380542