On 1 January 2015 at 02:16, poormansairforce H
<poormansairfo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying to join the forum but can't get past the registration
> page, says there are errors:(

You will get better answers here anyway.

> I have a question about setting up a bipod hot wire cutter. Simply, in CAD
> I have figured out that on my dream machine setup, at a 4' 6" cutting
> length when the wire is angled 22.5 degrees on the vertical axis the wire
> moves 3mm from its intended position due to the attach points swinging in
> to compensate for the shortening of its length.

I don't quite get what you are saying. Is this an effect in addition
to the simple calculations in the kinematics module?

Can you expand the "its" into the actual components being discussed?
Maybe you are looking at the effect of the pulley diameter not being
infinitesimal?

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.