On 2/10/2015 3:00 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:

snip
> The diode checker of the modern meter reads the voltage drop, fwd
> direction on this type of diode s/b under .15 volts, while the reverse
> of the probes should show a much higher voltage, maybe even off-scale
> for reverse. Right where they sit in circuit. A reading in both
> directions that is similar and probably under .1 volts is a shorted one.

I checked the three diodes on the bottom near output port and they all
read generally the same: forward bias ~0.48V and reverse bias ~1.47V.  I
checked a few of the topside diodes of the same value and got: forward
bias ~0.48V and reverse bias .OL.  It appears that the bottom diodes are
bad.

Is there any way to check the FET's.  These are going to be a PIA to do
a wholesale replacement due to the way they're mounted to the heatsink.
It looks easy, but with the spring clamps and the age on the heatsink
compound, they're locked in there pretty well.