Well it is nice that  they paid for the work to be done.  I do not know why
the UI maybe in its basic format would not be made available.  I know a LOT
of folks have put in many many countless hours to build the basic linuxCNC
into what it is now and were not paid a dime for it. Perhaps I just don't
understand but I thought that was the meaning of open source... Peace

Pete

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky <s...@highlab.com>
wrote:

> On 02/17/2015 06:17 PM, Pete Matos wrote:
> > I thought someone here built the trajectory planner? Are you saying that
> > Tormach built it themselves?   I am curious about the UI and honestly
> even
> > a dumbed down version given back to the community would be a step in the
> > right direction here.
>
> Rob Ellenberg wrote the new trajectory planner, and has been diligently
> fixing bugs as they crop up.  I learned today that he's funded by
> Tormach to do this work.
>
> People interested in new UIs should look at gscreen and gmoccapy, which
> both make it easy to add new screens.
>

> --
> Sebastian Kuzminsky

Pete Matos