I have a question about the voltage to drive a stepper motor
12 volts works but higher voltages make the motor weaker
I am building a simple stepper driver
A nema 23 2.7 amp stepper motor and 36 volt power supply
The controls are hand held, forward ,reverse, stop, and speed
I built the controls and driver using a 12 volt battery to test
Now I completed the project and am using the 36 volt supply
The motor runs at the same speed but it is so weak I can hold the shaft and
stall the motor
This is also the same with 36 and 24 volt batteries
With a 12 volt battery I can not stall the motor
I am using http://piclist.com/techref/io/stepper/SLAm/SLAm_bld.htm and an
Arduino
I would be happy if someone would point out my stupidity

Richard