On Wed, 8 Apr 2015, sam sokolik wrote:

> Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2015 11:12:25 -0500
> From: sam sokolik <sa...@empirescreen.com>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] 7i80 Setup ( Was PNCConf setup)
>
> That all looks correct..  Make sure you pick the right kernel at boot
> time from grub.
>
> (or edit grub so it always picks the rt kernel)
>
> sam
>
>> sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.2.0-4-rt-686-pae

Sorry I missed that, so the preemt-rt kernel should be installed
I thought that the latest installed kernel was automatically
selected as the default boot choice but that does not appear to be the case

Did you try enabling the Ethernet in you motherboards BIOS?

What Motherboard do you have (to determin what Ethernet hardware is on board)