There are quite a few early attributes of the phrase.  Like all things these
days it gets attributed to someone on the Internet and sticks regardless of the
truth.   I guess we need to find the actual writings to verify.  I have read
(nearly) everything Hemingway has written and I don’t recall it, though it has
been many years since I read it and I could certainly be mistaken.  Given that
it (may?) appear to have been written ~80 years before Hemingway perhaps he did
use it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_ain't_no_such_thing_as_a_free_lunch
http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/tanstaafl.html