On Tuesday 21 April 2015 04:43:46 andy pugh wrote:
> On 21 April 2015 at 03:42, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > That was a $150 lesson that says if you buy something green from the
> > tool shelf, it had better say Hitachi on it. Same for a yellow "Cub
> > Cadet" (an I.H. brand) lawn mower that claims a Kawasaki engine. The
> > only thing Kawasaki is the label on that turd
>
> I wonder if it is worth telling the real Kawasaki? They can't be happy
> having their good name sullied.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_Heavy_Industries

IDK Andy.  It won't make me well.  And while Kawi has a rep for building
decent bikes in most circles, that KZ750 I owned for 2 years or so, took
me anyplace I wanted to go, and came home in a pickup about half the
time, with the output sprocket coming loose on the tranny output shaft,
tearing up the chain, the sprocket hub and the $90 output shaft in the
tranny, this despite my peening the end of the shaft over, locking the
retainer nut in place lots better than the bend the ears over washer
under that nut ever did. 3 times I had to rebuild it.

I finally fixed it with a title to a Suzi GS-1000-G.  Push button on
right handle bar, go.  AND come back every time.  With an imitation
windjammer making a quiet space for the rider, sit back, relax, have a
cigarette, whatever.  Top speed with the jammer on it was still in the
130's (Merican mph). It could go farther than my kidneys could in one
sitting.  Great road bike, gobbled up hiway like it was hungry.  For
some reason though, it was a deer magnet.  Hard on bike and rider at 30
mph. Wore out part of a kneecap, trashed a good hard hat, never did find
my glasses & broke a rib when I did the best getoff I'd ever done 26
years ago. I had no intention of having a 675lb bike sliding to a stop
on its side with my leg under it. :( But I did miss the deer. :)