On Thursday 07 May 2015 12:16:44 Jon Elson wrote:
> On 05/07/2015 02:20 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I have been able to export the x session to this box forever, and it
> > has worked nominally well, till now.
> >
> > But this machine now has debian 7.8 (wheezy) on it, and the lathe
> > just got its drive reformatted and has the binary-hybrid.iso
> > installed on it.
>
> Much easier than trying LinuxCNC, use xclock.  It will work,
> or not, hopefully give an error message, and only takes a
> second or so.  If xclock brings up your analog clock dial,
> then most of the X support is going to work.  The one other
> thing that is required is some kind of 3D rendering support,
> if you are going to use Axis.
>
> If xclock does NOT work, then your X server is rejecting the
> connection request from the LinuxCNC system.  This is
> STANDARD behavior!
>
> Here's a quote from my bag of tricks file:
>    to allow remote systems to use your X screen
>      1. get your cookie with :
>      xauth
>        list
And get this:
xauth> list
coyote.coyote.den:0  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  e7b9e1a766fdb4aa1d23f7ad305baf17
[fe80::21f:c6ff:fe62:fcbb]:0  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1
e7b9e1a766fdb4aa1d23f7ad305baf17
coyote/unix:0  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  e7b9e1a766fdb4aa1d23f7ad305baf17

>      2.  copy the line with mouse
which line, or the whole thing?

>      3. on remote connection, do
>      xauth
"list" on lathe is totally differently formatted
xauth> list
lathe/unix:0  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  384f881f7983355c1b2b3fe7dc8e8925
lathe/unix:11  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  2da267aca6bea446de8cc445ed10474c
lathe/unix:10  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  aa5cf4dbb7194605bdfc87a386f3c9f6
lathe/unix:12  MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1  9a6c36c2e37d080cf74e7bb9f47142de

Which looks more sensible than the first paste from coyote above.

Directions plz?

>        add <paste mouse line here>
>        exit
>      and it should now allow the remote
>      system to connect to the X screen
>
> It seems like there was some other option that needed to be
> hacked in the X config file on some systems.
> See
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/x11-connection-rejected-because-of-wrong-
>authentication/ for some more things to check.  The last item there is
> the
> one I was thinking of.

Thanks, Jon

Humm, the last test item is running xeyes, and while it does report the
FOREGROUND and BACKGROUND colors are undefined, it works and they are
following the mouse as it moves.  What does that tell us?