On 15 May 2015, at 10:03, andy pugh wrote:

> On 15 May 2015 at 02:02, Tom Easterday <tom-...@bgp.nu> wrote:
>> I don’t have extra wire to do them individually and my wire is a
>> multi-conductor (3 + ground).  So I am going to put 4 ferrites together over
>> the whole cable (including ground)
>
> You can just take the same 4-core wire 3x through the same ferrite.

Ferrite chokes are interesting things, but its not a case of more turns is
better, or any-ferrite-will-do.
I was at a talk about making ferrite chokes on Wednesday evening, and You might
find some techniques of interest at the speaker's site, here:

http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek/

Look for the In Practice section towards the bottom of the page.
The results from a properly "tuned" ferrite choke are impressive.

Marcus