On 05/15/2015 05:41 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

> To continue this nearly sterile thread, I have now spent about 3 hours
> looking for an HTD belt/pulley setup that might replace this.  LMS is
> out of the plastic, 9mm bore pulley till the end of June.
>
> But the instant I mention a metric bore, I am getting crickets.
>
> What I need is a 9mm or 10mm wide, 10mm bore + keyway, steel or alu HTD
> pulley, flangeless, with a maximum OD with its belt mounted, of about
> 47.5mm.
You can buy powder metallurgy HTD pulleys from McMaster
Carr.  Make rings on the lathe (oh, yeah, this is FOR you
lathe, isn't it?) and chuck up the pulley.  Bore the ID,
turn off the hub if not needed, etc. to make up whatever you
need. I've done this on some of my machine projects, with
excellent results.

If you want to keep the flanges, then make the rings so the
ID fits the OD of the pulley, and the width of the ring fits
down between the flanges.  Split the ring with a hacksaw,
slap the two ring sections onto the pulley and place in the
lathe chuck.  This will allow you to hold the pulley by the
only surface that matters, the OD of the pulley, and bore
the ID concentric to that.

Jon