Hey Guys,

I will take a stab at this,,

We will start with say tool 1, offset 1, which would be T0101 ( We use a
wear offset table as well as the regular tool position date, hence the
second 01 in the the tool call) and touch off Z, set that to "0" in the
tool table, then take a skim cut on the OD of the part, measure that OD,
then enter that value into the tool table, in diameter. Then MDI to the
next tool, T0202, and do the same thing, touch off Z, set to zero, touch
off X, enter the diameter, and so on.

Then on the next part, we will MDI back to T0101, manually jog and touch
the face, and instead off a tool table entry, we instead go back to MDI,
and enter a G92 Z0.000, this moves all tool positions accordingly in the
control, in relation to the end of the part, it will not change any of
the tool data in the table. Then we jog around and touch off the X, and
do the the same, go back to MDI, then enter a G92 X#.### with the number
being the measured diameter you just touched off on, and again, this
moves all tool positions accordingly in the control, in relation to the
OD of the part, and does not change any tool table data. The G92
globally shifts all tool coordinates, in relation to whatever axis you
enter in the line after the G92 command.

Check this out Marius,
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/gcode.html#sec:G92 it will probably
make it clear as mud, but I know it works, we have 9 CNC turning centers
in house, and this is exaclty how we run every single one of them.

Rick

Thanks

Rick Lair
Superior Roll & Turning LLC