Andy,

That boring head is unreal and I've never seen anything like it.  I'm not
quite sure how it works.  I'm guessing the housing the cable is connected
to is stationary?

I looked at all 247 pictures you had and couldn't piece together how it
works, but looks like you made some of the pieces and maybe the circuitry?
Is there a motor and feedback powered through the 25 pin d-sub connector?
How is the index or radial motion controlled?

I like the idea of holding the work piece stationary.  I had thought about
a XY table w/ rotary on top, but still needed to spin the part.  I have a
tendency to over-complicate things...

I did quite a bit of google searching for 'cnc controlled boring heads' and
'cnc radial boring head' and found a few things, but many seem to be too
large:

http://www.dandrea.com/en/contents.asp?c=10&s=28 (also here:
http://www.tysontool.com/ecat-dandrea.htm)
http://amiusainc.com/innovative_solutions.html
http://www.cogsdill.com/products/zx-systems/ (looks $$$$)
http://www.nickunj.com/product_inside.php?id=242

This had an autofeed, but not quite it:
http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalogue/Machines-Accessories/Milling-Machines/SIEG-X3-Small-Mill/X3-Boring-Tools

Mark

Note:  'CNC Facing head' is also a good search.

*Re: [Emc-users] OT: Grind a hemisphere or ball end on rod
<http://sourceforge.net/p/emc/mailman/message/34179850/>*
From: andy pugh <bodgesoc@gm...> - 2015-06-05 20:47:29